Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.

Add Your Heading Text Here

Add Your Heading Text Here

Add Your Heading Text Here

Add Your Heading Text Here

Immediately after a loss, it’s important to obtain a medical Certificate of Death and register the death. If your loved one had a will, locating it is crucial. It’s also advisable to inform close family and friends.

To register a death, you’ll need the medical Certificate of Death. Contact your local Registrar’s office to make an appointment. You’ll also need the deceased’s birth certificate, NHS card, and proof of address.

The “Tell Us Once” service notifies government organizations about the death once you register it, saving you from contacting each separately. It informs entities like the DVLA, HMRC, and local councils.

If there’s no funeral plan, start by choosing a funeral director. They will guide you through the process, including choosing a venue, service type, and handling logistics. Consider the deceased’s wishes and your budget.

Legal steps include executing the will, going through the probate process, and managing estate affairs. It’s advisable to seek legal advice to ensure everything is handled correctly and legally.

To manage digital assets, you’ll need access to their digital devices and accounts. Contact service providers to inform them of the death. You can choose to close accounts or memorialize them, based on the platform’s policy.

You can explore options like funeral payment plans, government benefits, or funds from the deceased’s estate. Charities and community organizations may also offer assistance.

Secure the property, redirect mail, and notify the insurance provider. Distribute personal belongings as per the will or, if there’s no will, according to inheritance laws.

Grieving is a personal process, but support is available. Consider counseling, support groups, and reaching out to friends and family. Online resources and books can also offer guidance.

If there’s no will, the estate is distributed according to intestacy laws. You may need to apply for a Letter of Administration to manage the estate. Legal advice is recommended in such cases.

Scroll to Top